What a great vacation. I’m so sad that it has come to end, yet like the say goings, all good things must come to an end.
We spent a relaxing 5 days and 6 nights at The Cove in Paradise Island, Bahamas. Although the weather was rather windy and cloudy, I still managed to increase my color from Casper to a Scandinavian person (they are typically lighter skinned). My mission, like for every beach vacation we go on, is to come back with some serious (but healthy) color. I do wear sunscreen so don’t freak out! I consider it a success that I came back with tan lines.
We ate a lot, we gambled (and actually won) a lot, and we witnessed a lot of interesting spring break happenings.
For example, one of the ladies who worked as a waitress around the pool decided to teach the entire pool area how to dance, booty-bumpin’ style. You can see her leading the Cupid Shuffle here.
We also saw a group of New York college students reinforcing the Jersey Shore stereotype and all its craziness by fist pumping and dancing on top of pool beds, all the while chugging pitchers of beer and downing tropical drinks. Spring Break 2012, baby!
On the day we were to return home, many crazy things happened. Since I’m a huge fan of lists, lets make a list of all the adventures we had this Friday.
- Our driver to the airport was late.
- On the way to the airport, the limo we were in got a flat tire. We waited on the side of a Bahamian highway for 20 minutes for a van to come get us and complete the trip to the airport.
- Dad gets searched at security.
- I totally ruined my clean record for not eating meat on Fridays during Lent by eating a juicy 8 oz burger. I ate the entire thing before my older sister kindly pointed it out. I was doing so well, too! It was a complete accident, I swear.
- I couldn’t find a plug that worked in the Miami Airport. Literally, I tried 6 different plugs before I found one that worked across the hall. What the heck kind of place doesn’t have working plugs?
- We are descending to the DFW airport on our flight from Miami to Dallas when a flight attendant comes rushing up to the front of the plane grabbing blankets along the way and tells the other flight attendant that a middle-aged man is shivering uncontrollably in the back. They call for a doctor on board. When we land, we all have to stay in our seats until emergency personal comes and escorts the man off the plane.
- We are at baggage claim when my bag pops out, but my sister’s bag is no where in sight. The luggage carousel stops. The airport attendant announces that there has been a mechanical malfunction and we have to wait until they fix it before the other bags are unloaded. We wait 45 minutes for her bag.
- While we are waiting for her bag, I get on Twitter where I find out there is a bomb threat at the DFW airport one terminal over from where we are. Uh…..what the hell!
Talk about an eventful day. We finally made it home around 7:30 pm, exhausted and sad that our trip ended. This was our last spring break ever! At least it was an amazing time.
What did y’all do this week?