(San Antonio, TX)—The Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce and the Governor’s Office of Economic Development have partnered this year to provide the 2012 Small Business 101 Conference, an intensive one day workshop on Tuesday, Aug. 7 at the Exposition Hall at the Freeman Coliseum. This event is designed to provide small business leaders with information about financing, workforce training, contracting with public entities, marketing, Veteran-owned resources and Veteran-owned business services, and how to import/export products and services. Representatives from local banking and lending organizations will also be there to provide information about how they would like to partner with small businesses.
“We understand how hard it is to start a business, especially in today’s economy,” said Chamber President and CEO, Richard Perez. “These sessions will be extremely beneficial to business owners because they are designed to provide valuable tools to start, operate and grow your business.”
Priced for small businesses, registration costs $35 and includes breakfast and lunch. The workshop will begin with a presentation by Andres Alcantar, Chairman of the Texas Workforce Commission. Afterward, small businesses can pick and choose from 6 breakout sessions to attend that best fit their needs.
This program is in partnership with Bexar County, Accion, The City of San Antonio, Workforce Solutions and Small Business Development Center Network.
For registration online and to rent display space, visit the Small Business 101 event page, or contact The Greater Chamber of Commerce at (210) 229-2119 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7:30 a.m. Registration, Exhibits Open and Breakfast
8:00 a.m Opening Remarks and Welcome Video
8:10 a.m. Texas Workforce Commission Presentation: Business Solutions Programs and Services for Employers
- Andres Alcantar, Chairman, Texas Workforce Commission
9:30 a.m.– 10:45 a.m.
General Session: Show Me the Money! Small Business Financing
- Moderator: Pam Sapia, SBA
- Wells Fargo – (retail bank)
- ACCION Texas – (micro lender)
- Bank of San Antonio – (community bank)
- RBFCU – (credit union)
Work Smarter, Not Harder. Training Solutions
- Moderator: Diane Mosley, TWC
- Workforce Solutions Alamo – on-the-job training
- Texas Workforce Commission – state resources
- Alamo Colleges – training solutions
Public Partners: Working with the City, County, State & Military
- Moderator: Terri Williams, UTSA SBDC- Contracting Resources Center
- City of San Antonio
- Bexar County
- State of Texas: UTSA HUD
- Joint Base San Antonio
11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Make Your Business Go
- Moderator: Morrison Woods, UTSA
- Use of Social Media in Business Promotion
- eCommerce and Business Planning
- Women’s Business Center ACCION
- Groupon: How to Utilize Coupons for your Business
Help our Heroes, veterans resources
- Moderator: Joe Perez, Frontline Support Solutions
- Veteran Entrepreneur and Business Development Programs
- Veterans Affairs Resources for Small Business
- Resources within the Army
- Veteran Assistance Service Program (VASP)
¡Vaya! International Trading
- Moderator: Port San Antonio Representative*
- International Trade Center – Services and Programs for Small Business
- Introduction to the US Commercial Service – Assistance for Exporters
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Export-Import Bank assistance
12:30 p.m. Luncheon Program*-
- Small Business Awards: Designated Businesses Utilizing TWC/WSA resources
1:30 p.m. Networking in Exhibit Area – Meet the Resource Providers
*Speaker to be determined
Originally published on July 17, 2012. To see online version visit www.sachamber.org.